KDevelop on Mac OS

Alexander Dymo alex at alexdymo.com
Fri Oct 4 17:22:59 BST 2013

On Fri, 04 Oct 2013 05:13:45 -0500, Mohammad Sadeq Khoeini
<mskco.tp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now, it compiles grantlee successfully. But now it fails on attica. The
> problem seems to be similar to the grantlee:
> It seems the problem with $PATH is related to the superenv[1] feature of
> homebrew. It will compile just fine with--env=std option. You need to
> somehow circumvent this dependency on /usr/local/bin .

I'm still not convinced PATH is the problem. Most likely it's another
missing dependency. Homebrew does have this problem when missing
dependency leads to strange consequences.

> Also strigi needs that Qt being compiled from source. So you need to
> check for this in the strigi's keg and try
> to reinstall Qt from the source in case that it was installed from
> bottle previously.

Yep, I need to do that.

> However, still having to merge your clone of homebrew is not a nice
> thing. For example of how others expose their kegs look into these two
> examples: brew-games [2] and brew-science[3]. This way we can simply tap
> your repository. Is there any particular reason that prevents you from
> having your kegs in a keg only repository and needs that you have a full
> clone of homebrew?

There's no particular reason, other than to keep things simple before we
fix all problems with compilation. After that I'll do a keg-only repo.