valgrind

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Jun 12 15:42:40 BST 2013

On Wednesday 12 June 2013 15:17:01 Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Freddy Martinez Garcia <
>
> freddy.martinez at cbiomed.cu> wrote:
> > hi peopple... I need to use valgrind with KDevelop... Is that possible ??
> >
> > best regards
> >
> > Freddy
>
> Hi Freddy,
> We don't have valgrind support at the moment. There's this [1] experimental
> support, but it's not ready for end-users.

Personally, I suggest just using the CLI for valgrind. You could also easily
configure KDevelop to run your app within valgrind, either by using the
"external scripts" plugin, or by setting up proper launch configurations that
use valgrind as an "interpreter".

For visualizing the data you either need a proper GUI tool like KCacheGrind or
massif-visualizer anyways. The error checkers though just output ASCII data
that one could support in a "better" way eventually from inside KDevelop...
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de
http://milianw.de