kdevplatform mixed licences

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Jun 10 18:20:16 BST 2013

KDevplatform has files which don't follow the KDE licencing policy of
(L)GPL2+

shell/ has files which are GPL 2 only
while
plugins/subversion/kdevsvncpp is GPL 3+

they don't link together directly but they are a derived work of the same
library so it's a bit of a legal grey area whether they can be distributed
together.

David F, Till and Manuel may I relicence your files in kdevplatform/shell/
to from GPL 2 only to GPL 2 or later?  There's also a file which is
copyright KDAB, David and Till are you able to grant me permission to
relicence this?

Much of the files copyright David Nolden is LGPL 2 also e.g.
vcs/models/projectchangesmodel.cpp by Aleix Pol Gonzalez don't give much of
a problem for distribution but don't follow the KDE licence policy

Thanks all
Jonathan