Kdevelop4 4.3 and 4.6 runs like a pig on AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+

Michael George Hart michael.george.hart at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 20:47:28 GMT 2013

WOW!!!!!
WOW!!!!

kdevelop -graphicssystem native

The performance is GREAT!!!!!!!!
Even with every feature turned on in kdevelop4

This should be the first thing in your documentation for us system level
non GUI people. --We tend to do development over a network on a piece for a
particular hardware environment.

I looked at --help-qt and did not see any mention about the option "native"
for "-graphicssystem"
I only saw "--graphicssystem <system> use a different graphics system
instead of the default one, options are raster and opengl (experimental)"
My question is why would I every want raster... it seems wastefully use of
resources

Thanks!!! Now, if I only could figure out to use kdevelop4 effectively for
remote development and debugging against hardware different from my host,
like a 32 bit linux system, I would be in pigs heaven.

Thanks again