Kdevelop4 4.3 and 4.6 runs like a pig on AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+

Michael George Hart michael.george.hart at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 19:33:11 GMT 2013

Well, I am kind of stubborn and made on last ditch effort.
and totally erased the .kde4 directory that was remotely logging onto

installed a fresh copy of kdevelop4 then tuned off word completion,
background parsing etc.

Relative to Kdevelop3 it was sluggish but now usable.  From what I can
observed I can only guess the major source of my is GUI element that
comprise kdevelop4. As long as I kept the total window size of kdevelop4
less than 2/3 the resolution of 1200x1600 the system was sluggish but
usable.

The reason I think the problem is directly related to the GUI elements in 4
is a simply act of trying to resize the 4's windows size can take up to
five to ten seconds; the mouse moves then about 5 seconds later the window
resizes to the mouse position; then a few seconds later everything settles
down and I can start editing again; like tons of network traffic just to
resize a kdevelop4 window; this does not happen with kdevelop3 or dolphin,
konqueror ....

That is my WAS :)

But it is usable.

--
*"...Hope is what makes us strong. It is why we are here. It is what we
fight with when all is lost..."*