upload plugin crash

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 19:04:09 GMT 2012

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Werner Joss
<werner at hoernerfranzracing.de> wrote:
> Am Samstag, 10. November 2012, 18:41:38 schrieb Niko Sams:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can you provide a backtrace?
>
> hm, I guess, no.
> altough I compiled the plugin from source, I suppose there is no debug-info in
> the executable, right ?
use the proper build type to get debug infos:
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ..

> backtrace seems impossible due to lack of RAM, see screenshot.
Try running kdevelop in gdb to create a backtrace, see this for more
information:
http://wiki.debian.org/HowToGetABacktrace

>> Did you try with simple projects just containing a few items?
>
> no, I tried with my 'real-life' project, which contains ~15000 files in many
> subfolders.
> maybe it's just that this is too much ?
uh, that's a lot. Might be the problem.
(still it should be possible to do that)

>> And please report bugs to bugs.kde.org, project "quanta", component
>> "upload".
>
> is that really 'quanta' ?
> (there is no quanta in 'Pick a product on which to enter a bug:' in BKO ..)
ah, right - creating bugs is disabled. I didn't know that.
I will look for a way to report bugs - for now just send it to the
mailing list like you did...

Niko