couple of ideas for "Document Declaration"

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Mar 29 18:25:14 BST 2012

On 29.03.12 19:16:30, Morten Volden wrote:
> 2012/3/29 Yngve Inntjore Levinsen <yngve.levinsen at gmail.com>
> > 2. What about adding "@author %{fullname} <%{email}>"? In the snippets
> > these
> > macros are defined and will automatically put my name and e-mail. To me it
> > is
> > quite useful on a bigger project to know who wrote a given
> > function/class...?
> >
> On a bigger project there will usually be any number of authors on a given
> function/class. Wouldn't it make more sense to use the version control
> system to retrieve that information?

How should that work? Not all VCS store such information on the client.

Also even if a project is being written by multiple people, the one
adding some code technically has the copyright on it and may add his
name/email as author. Someone coming in later and changing significant
parts of the code again should add his name/email. I know thats not
practicable in companies and there's usually just a company-copyright,
but the above does not necessarily have to be mandatory. If author/email
are empty the info could just be left away.

Andreas