KDevelop 4.2.3: debugging session is interrupted

Roman Suvorov windj007 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 08:46:43 GMT 2012

Hello!

Thank you for good IDE! It's really one of the best for CMake+Boost+C++!

I'm running Debian Wheezy + KDE 4.6.5 + KDevelopment Platform 1.2.3 +
KDevelop 4.2.3.

The problem is that debugging session suddenly (and silently!) terminates
when I try to watch value of std::string-variable.
The sample program reads text from file that is encoded in cp1251.

I understand that in this case KDevelop is unable to show me human-readable
value because it's configured to use UTF-8.
I guess it should not crash anyway ...

Can you give me any advice on how to deal with that situation?

Sample code:
#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>

const int buf_size = 1024;
char buf[buf_size];

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
    std::ifstream infile("/compiled/share/1.txt");
    infile.get(buf, buf_size);

    std::string text(buf);
    std::cout << text << std::endl; // << I'm trying to watch value of text
at this moment
    return 0;
}