breakpoint icon description

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 08:51:09 GMT 2012

I started from console and repeat the procedure. When the debugger
reaches first breakpoint, I disable the first one and enable the
second one. The second turns to dirty and the messages on the terminal
are:

kdevelop(11838)/kdevelop (gdb debugger)
GDBDebugger::BreakpointController::sendMaybe: 0xad05f60
kdevelop(11838)/kdevelop (gdb debugger)
GDBDebugger::DebugSession::queueCmd: QUEUE:  "-break-disable 1"
kdevelop(11838)/kdevelop (gdb debugger)
GDBDebugger::DebugSession::debugStateChange: "STATE: +s_dbgBusy "
kdevelop(11838)/kdevelop (gdb debugger)
GDBDebugger::DebugSession::_gdbStateChanged: Debugger state:
QFlags(0x4000) :
kdevelop(11838)/kdevelop (gdb debugger)
GDBDebugger::DebugSession::_gdbStateChanged:     ""
kdevelop(11838)/kdevelop (gdb debugger) GDBDebugger::GDB::execute:
SEND: "-break-disable 1
"
kdevelop(11838)/kdevelop (gdb debugger) GDBDebugger::GDB::processLine:
GDB output:  "^done"
kdevelop(11838)/kdevelop (gdb debugger)
GDBDebugger::BreakpointController::sendMaybe: 0xad05f60
kdevelop(11838)/kdevelop (gdb debugger)
GDBDebugger::DebugSession::gdbReady: No more commands
:
kdevelop(11838)/kdevelop (gdb debugger)
GDBDebugger::DebugSession::_gdbStateChanged:     ""
kdevelop(11838)/kdevelop (gdb debugger) GDBDebugger::GDB::processLine:
GDB output:  "(gdb) "
kdevelop(11838)/kdevelop (gdb debugger) GDBDebugger::GDB::processLine:
No current command
kdevelop(11838)/kdevelop (gdb debugger)
GDBDebugger::BreakpointController::sendMaybe: 0x7f7c4003f0c0

On 1/13/12, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 13.01.12 11:51:35, Mahmood Naderan wrote:
>> That is odd...
>> As you can see in the picture, I set two breakpoints. Before starting
>> the gdb, the first is enabled and the second is disabled. When the
>> debugger continues and stop at breakpoint 1, I then disable the first
>> one and enable the second one.
>>
>> So I am pretty sure that the gdb is not running. I wait until it
>> reaches the first breakpoint and then enable the second one. So why it
>> is dirty?
>
> I don't know the code in the gdb plugin, so take this with a grain of
> salt. Another reason for 'dirty' might be that gdb does not know about
> the source file yet because the corresponding library has not be loaded
> (plugins for example). There should be a line saying so in the GDB tab.
>
> Andreas

// Naderan *Mahmood;