C++11 and "noexcept" keyword

Ivan Shapovalov intelfx100 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 11:06:23 BST 2012

Hello.

I've just updated my GCC toolchain to 4.7.0 and noticed one nasty detail that
makes KDev's auto-completion with STL nearly unusable.
They now use a new C++11 keyword "noexcept" to mark some methods, which is not
currently supported by KDevelop C++ parser.

I have written initial support for "noexcept" specifier parsing (it is saved to
ExceptionSpecificationAST).
If nobody had implemented it yet - what is the best way to upload patches?

And, by the way - is it possible to semantically handle that specifier (so
functions will be marked as "noexcept" in Quick Information), or DUChain is
too abstract for this?

Reference for "noexcept" specifier:
http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/noexcept_spec

Reference for "noexcept" operator: