svn+ssh: fails, no password dialogue

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Sep 8 11:54:52 BST 2011

On 08.09.11 17:23:50, Jeremy Murphy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get svn+ssh working but whenever I try to commit to or
> checkout from the repository, svn commands that work fine on the command
> line fail in KDevelop.  It's not surprising that they fail, as on the
> command line svn asks me for my password, which KDevelop is not.  Does it
> support svn+ssh?  If so, where might have I gone wrong in configuring
> things?  Thanks, cheers.

The only way is to use an ssh-agent so that you do not have to provide
the password or a key-passphrase. Unfortunately ssh does not make it
easy to support these things in a GUI app, there's an attempt for a
custom ssh-client which would go through the GUI to ask for the
password/passphrase in kdevplatform/util/ssh_client. But its unfinished
and hence not used by the svn plugin.

Andreas