Compiling Just One File.

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Sep 7 14:38:06 BST 2011

On 07.09.11 14:31:52, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 September 2011 23:26:20 Michael Hart wrote:
> > LOL!
> >    I have been using kdevelop4 with cmake for sometime now and not until
> > yesterday did I ever have the need to compile just one specific C++ file in
> > my entire project of about twenty plus *.cpp files. I would simply press F8
> > key and be happy.
> >
> > However, now I would like experiment with the content of just one C++ file;
> > compile it but not build the entire project. How do I do this with
> > kdevelop4?
>
> I don't get it, do you want to compile a "hello-world"-style file, i.e. without
> any external dependencies and such? Then take a look at the "quick compile"
> external script which just calls gcc on the file.

The CMake+Make support also allows to build individual object files,
simply select the .cpp in the Project tree and hit Build. If you already
have items in the build selection (the lower left list under the project tree
view) then you'd have to remove those first since they override the
current selection in the project tree (you can also just add the .cpp
file there).

Andreas