/usr/include priority vs custom include paths

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Oct 30 16:09:09 GMT 2011

On 30 October 2011 14:34, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 30.10.11 14:04:26, Mateusz Łoskot wrote:

>> > Oh that one is new, great that once again someone needed to invent a
>> > gui again instead of re-using some existing :|
>>
>> I'm not sure I understand. Have I invented anything here?
>
> No, I was just not aware that there's now a real config ui for this
> stuff.

I see.

By the way, it seems that "Custom include paths" dialog is not accessible in any
other way than triggering the "Problem in preprocessor" message
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/mloskot/6291988707)
then clicking on "Solve: include file..."

>> So, if I understand it correctly, in order to
>> 1) make my project compiling against my Boost trunk
>> 2) make kdevelop parsing/reporting headers from my Boost trunk
>> I only need to configure my CMake-based project to point to Boost trunk
>> (as explained above). I do not need to edit "Custom include paths".
>> Is that right?
>
> Again, yes.

I'm happy to confirm this strategy works:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mloskot/6294703407/
and I don't need to add anything to "Custom include paths".

Big thanks for help!

Best regards,
Member of ACCU, http://accu.org