how to import project from remote location

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Nov 14 16:18:31 GMT 2011

On 14.11.11 18:55:32, Mahmood Naderan wrote:
> >The custom buildsystem does not support remote setups, neither does the
> >C++ language plugin. Those only work with local projects, in particular
> >since parsing would be horribly slow with remote files.
>
> Then it is not possible to find function definitions, variable and
> other thing. Is that right?

Right.

> So what is the pros of loading a remote project?

I have no idea, I don't use remote projects. C++ projects do not make
much sense to have on a remote-host unless you use something like nfs or
sshfs to mount them locally since not only some of KDevelop's plugins
require local access but also compiler and other things that a C++
project needs to build will need this.

For other languages remote-access does make sense, for example
web-development and the corresponding KDevelop plugins do support
remote-projects via fish:// properly.

Andreas