how to import project from remote location

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:41:18 GMT 2011

fish:// worked thanks.

One more question. the project is now loaded from remote location. Is
that mean I am working directly on remote files? I mean I change some
files and save them. Are they going to replace in remote location
directly? or the project is imported to a temp directory in my local
machine?

Also, the parse complains about some costum paths. I added
"fish://mahmood@server/home/mahmood/project/src" to the costum path.
Is that enough? I see nothing happens and the parse still underline
the include paths.

On 11/14/11, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 13.11.11 21:34:01, Mahmood Naderan wrote:
>> Hi,
>> How can I import a project which resides on a remote server.
>>
>> In the import project, when I enter
>> "ssh://mahmood@server/home/project/" it says URL is not valid.
>
> Thats correct, you need to use the same url that you've (potentially)
> used in apps like Dolphin or Konqueror in file-browsing-mode. IIRC the
> protocol for ssh-access is fish://, so use that instead of ssh:// and
> see if it works.
>
> If that also does not work I suggest to install sshfs and mount the
> remote directory.
>
> Andreas

// Naderan *Mahmood;