Kdevelop on Windows

Adam Wood Adam.Wood at grantadesign.com
Thu Nov 10 10:45:20 GMT 2011

Hi,

I'm a big fan of Kdevelop on my Linux box and I've recently been looking into getting it going on Windows.  I've found various references on the Kdevelop home page, in this mailing list and generally on the web that suggest it should work with Windows but I've just not been able to get it working.

Has anyone been successful at running Kdevelop on Windows?

I've tried to find binaries from the KDE on Windows project but there don't appear to be any available in the releases I've tried.

I've even built it from recent sources and got a bit further.  I have a kdevelop app that will start up and I can create new documents but I can't create projects or open existing projects.  This is not because it crashes or anything, it's just that the menu options don't appear to be present.  I'm not an expert on KDE's .desktop files but I believe I have them all installed to the right place.

If anyone on the list has managed to get this working I'd really like to know how.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam