Crash on trunk from 13 May

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun May 15 17:50:54 BST 2011

On 15.05.11 19:02:03, Leon Pollak wrote:
> On Sunday May 15 2011, Leon Pollak wrote:
> > Hello, all.
> >
> > I upgraded to the trunk version 13May - the same problem:
> >
> > Any attempt to 'Find/Replace in Files' causes the kdevelop to crash.
> > Cache cleaning (after 2 sequential times) does not help.
> >
> > Can somebody acknowledge this?
> >
> > BR
>
> I run kdevelop under GDB. Here is the printout:

> GrepOutputView::replacementTextChanged (this=0x67f5aa0) at
> /home/leonp/kdev-1305/kdevplatform/plugins/grepview/grepoutputview.cpp:127
> 127         updateApplyState(model()->index(0, 0), model()->index(0, 0));
> (gdb) p model()->index(0, 0)
> Couldn't find method GrepOutputModel::index
> (gdb) p model()
> $1 = (GrepOutputModel *) 0x0
> (gdb) p model
> $2 = {GrepOutputModel *(GrepOutputView *)} 0x7fffec175770
> <GrepOutputView::model()>

Looks like for some reason your outputview has no model set. This
happens usually when you select something in the combobox left of the
replacement text. And the function that crashes for you is only
triggered if you type into the replacement combo field on the right. So
can you see wether the combo on the left is empty when you start typing?
If so, thats why the crash happens and a bugreport is in order.

An easy workaround is to first make sure to select something in the left
combo before typing something into the right combo.

Andreas