No debug if stopped in another application

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Tue Mar 15 09:37:43 GMT 2011

On Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:32:55 Leon Pollak wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I noticed the following problem:
> I run my application and put a break point. Then I switch to another
> application (in another desktop from the pager) and send from this another
> application something which will cause the debugged application to hit the
> BP. When I switch back, kdevelop shows that:
> - my application really hit the BP,
> - the variable window shows nothing, as if application is running
> - an attempt to make "stepi", "step", etc. simply runs application further,
> as if "continue" was pressed.

Leon,

you've have been on this list for long enough to know that such bug report
cannot really be fixed. There's no data whatsoever -- no example reproducing this
behaviour, not GDB log, nothing.

My physic debugging skills tells that your application did not really hit the
breakpoint, but it's impossible to verify.

- Volodya