Could not attach debugger

Chris Bruner cbruner at quadro.net
Fri Jun 24 14:39:38 BST 2011

Google for the error message and change the ptrace settings:
> fromt the very first hit:
>
> "And the solution is just either do this (as root):
>
> $ echo 0>  /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope
>
> …or make it permanent by setting ptrace_scope to 0 in /etc/sysctl.d/10-
> ptrace.conf"
>
> see also:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Roadmap/KernelHardening#ptrace_Protection
Unfortunately my kernel doesn't know anything about yama.  My solution
was to run it as root. It's a  security fix so a debugger can't access
other owner's pids. Becomes a big pitb for anyone doing debugging.

=======
http://www.pctools.com/
=======