Using open ocd with Kdevelop

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Tue Jun 21 07:39:04 BST 2011

On Tuesday June 21 2011, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Monday 20 June 2011 11:43:09 Supreeth wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 	How can i use the open ocd with Kdevelop 4.2. I have configured the
> >
> > launches but i am not certain about them.Please help me out.
>
> What is open ocd? What do you want to do with it? And how do you think
> KDevelop should do it?
>
> byes
OpenOCD is the open source of On-Chip-Debugger - lately named as BDM
(Background Debug Mode) - several CPUs (powerpc mainly) have the on-chip HW
which performs HW breakpoints, watchpoints, etc.

For now, there are problems with the gdbserver based version of BDM, which
Niko Sams tries to solve (many thanks!!!). Other versions may work or not, as
they are based on the GDB modifications.

BR
--
Leon