Build and Unit Tests - Hardware Sponsor?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Jun 2 11:55:52 BST 2011

Hey all, greetings from the KDevelop sprint at Randa!

If you are interested in what we are up to, see:

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDevelop4/Meeting2011

Anyhow, back to the actual reason for this email. We want to improve the
quality of our codebase by doing automated build- and unit tests. For
simplicity running it all once per day would suffice already. Required for
that would be hardware, some kind of server. Hence this request: Anyone has
hardware to sponsor to us?

Personally I only see these requirements:
* shell access without root rights should suffice
* admin available to install dependencies if required
* ~1GB of memory for us to burn, and some common cpu
note: I want to enforce a ulimit and time limit for unit tests

If you want to help KDevelop and have something like this available, please
get in touch with us.

Furthermore if someone has any knowledge on setting up a consecutive build and
test runner, share your knowledge (PovAddict?).

Thanks

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de