Breakpoints while remote debugging

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Thu Jan 20 13:55:46 GMT 2011

Hello, gurus.

Please, help me to understand the problem (note, that plane gdb works fine):

I debug my application (kdev 4.1.0, gdb 7.2) remotely from my PC to another
linux target via TCP/IP.
The .gdbinit file is set/written in "Run gdb script" edit box of the "Launch
configurations" dialogue (two other boxes are blank) and contains:
--
set sysroot /opt/FS/
set remote exec-file /common/csu

I can run the application with "run" command from the gdb window - otherwise
it does not starts (continue button/command causes the gdb to say "the program
is not been run"). Minor problem - I can add "run" at the end of the .gdbinit

Major problem:
Running program does not stop at the predefined breakpoints - only at those
which were inserted in the current session. All my attempts to make it stop at
predefined BP do not success.

May be somebody can help me with this?
--
Leon