Be careful grabbing kdevelop 4.2 for openSuSE

Michael George Hart michael.george.hart at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 14:32:38 GMT 2011

Understand,  that, so far, I have found kdevelop 4.2 to work without issues on both the KDE 4.6 and the default GNOME environment. It is just the fact grabbing it from from openSuSE 11.3 pulls KDE 4.6 stuff that will basically render whatever KDE environment you have installed useless and causing many hours of research to get KDE environment somewhat functional; even now I can crash the plasma-desktop and dbus by trying to get the property of a file displayed within a file widget. To avoid the problem I have to directly use konqueror or dolphin.

My system is primarily a development machine and for the moment I can live with all the plasma-desktop fully functional.

However, I well see about finding how to contacting the openSuSE package manager.

Michael

Sent from my iPad