Alternative tools setup?

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Sun Feb 6 09:11:41 GMT 2011

On Sunday 06 February 2011 01:18:18 Mark Knecht wrote:

> 2) A different compiler - nvcc
>
>    Can someone point me toward any instructions on doing this?

There are 2 parts in this. One is the toolchain, which will enable you to
compile inside KDevelop. I think that would be most easily done by using CMake
and FindCuda.cmake, see http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=29482

As the language is very much like C, I think kdevelop will cope reasonably as
it is. But to get full support, I suspect CUDA would need a complete new
language support, to get problem reporting and syntax highlighting right.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about CUDA except what I just read on the
net.

--
Kind regards, Esben