KDevelop crashes on F15 for large projects...

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 18:31:43 BST 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 05:22, barcaroller <barcaroller at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 32-bit Fedora 15, KDevelop crashes consistently for larger C/C++/Java
> projects (50,000 source files) while the application is loading (i.e. before
> I have a chance to open any files).  However, when I run KDevelop on a small
> C/C++/Java project (1,000 source files), it works fine.  Does anyone know if
> KDevelop has a limit on the number of files it scans during start-up?  Below
> is some more info.
There is no limit, it just can take very long to finish the parsing.
However the parsing
should happen in background and not stop you from working.

Regarding your crash, we need a backtrace to see what's going on.
Apperently Dr. Konqi
didn't start for you, you might try running in gdb and create a backtrace there.

Niko