Delay in GDB

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Tue Aug 23 18:08:21 BST 2011

Hello, all.

I am working with the embedded linux (remote debugging) and encounter the
following problem: some variables/elements in the program under debugging can
not be displayed by the gdb/gdbserver and cause the "bus error".
Such are, for example, mapped memory locations, errno variable and some more.
Kdevelop today has a brilliant feature - display the variable value when the
cursor hoovers over it. The problem is, that it tries to do this immediately!
This means, that even when one passes through this 'problematic' variable on
his way to 'normal' variable, it causes the bus error.

So, what I ask is some, let's say, 0.5-1s delay between the STOP over the
variable and the request to the gdb to show it.

Many thanks ahead.
--
Leon.