Problems installing KDevelop from sources

"Claas H. Köhler" claas.koehler at dlr.de
Tue Aug 16 09:51:17 BST 2011

Hi Milan!

I tried the following:

install/lib64% echo $KDEDIRS
/users/koeh_cl/Software/kdevelop/release/install:/usr:/etc
install/lib64% kbuildsycoca4
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kbuildsycoca4(5216) parseLayoutNode: The menu spec file contains a
Layout or DefaultLayout tag without the mandatory Merge tag inside.
Please fix your file.
install/lib64% ktraderclient --servicetype KDevelop/Plugin
servicetype is : KDevelop/Plugin
ktraderclient(5218)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers:
KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "KDevelop/Plugin"  not found
got 0 offers.

As you can see, the plugins are not found.

I then tried to install into /usr instead of a cutom user directory, and
that worked fine. So the problem is solved as far as I am concerned,
except that I cannot install release and debug versions in parallel, but
that should be fine for now.

Regards
Claas

On 08/09/2011 11:21 AM, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Claas H. Köhler, 09.08.2011:
>> Hello everybody!
>>
>> I tried to compile and install the KDevelp-4.3 trunk version on openSuse
>> 11.4 using g++-4.6 as lined out in the wiki.
>>
>> Compilation went well and I set my KDEDIRS as follows
>>
>> install/bin% echo $KDEDIRS
>> /users/koeh_cl/Software/kdevelop/release/install:/usr:/etc
>>
>> Since KDEDIRS is not set by default on my system, I guessed the KDE
>> installation directories from
>> install/bin% kde4-config --path config
>> /users/koeh_cl/.kde4/share/config/:/usr/share/kde4/config/:/etc/kde4/share/
>> config/
>>
>> The following call to kbuildsycoca4 resulted in
>> install/bin% kbuildsycoca4
>> kbuildsycoca4 running...
>> kbuildsycoca4(9698) parseLayoutNode: The menu spec file contains a
>> Layout or DefaultLayout tag without the mandatory Merge tag inside.
>> Please fix your file.
>
> Yep, most definitely a KDEDIRS issue. From where do you launch KDevelop - do
> you launch it from the konsole where you ran kbuildsycoca4 from?
>
> Try fiddling with KDEDIRS and run the following to make sure the plugins are
> found:
>
> ktraderclient --servicetype KDevelop/Plugin
>
> If that works, running KDevelop from that konsole should work as well.
>
> Note: If you want to run through the Menu and/or KRunner, you have to set
> things up in time. E.g. by putting a proper "export KDEDIRS=..." script into
> ~/.kde/env or similar.
>
> bye

Claas H. Köhler

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft

Institut für Methodik der Fernerkundung (IMF-AP)
Earth Observation Center (EOC)

Münchner Str
82234 Weßling
Germany