Problems installing KDevelop from sources

"Claas H. Köhler" claas.koehler at dlr.de
Tue Aug 9 08:47:49 BST 2011

Hello everybody!

I tried to compile and install the KDevelp-4.3 trunk version on openSuse
11.4 using g++-4.6 as lined out in the wiki.

Compilation went well and I set my KDEDIRS as follows

install/bin% echo $KDEDIRS
/users/koeh_cl/Software/kdevelop/release/install:/usr:/etc

Since KDEDIRS is not set by default on my system, I guessed the KDE
installation directories from
install/bin% kde4-config --path config
/users/koeh_cl/.kde4/share/config/:/usr/share/kde4/config/:/etc/kde4/share/config/

The following call to kbuildsycoca4 resulted in
install/bin% kbuildsycoca4
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kbuildsycoca4(9698) parseLayoutNode: The menu spec file contains a
Layout or DefaultLayout tag without the mandatory Merge tag inside.
Please fix your file.

However, when starting Kdevelop I get a bunch of error messages about
missing plugins and neither the file
manager plugin nor other plugins seem to be available.

Any help on the issue would be appreciated.

Regards
Claas

Here is the output when launching kdevelop:

kdevelop(9489)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers:
KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "KDevelop/Plugin"  not found
kdevelop(9489)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers:
KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "KDevelop/Plugin"  not found
kdevelop(9489)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers:
KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "KDevelop/Plugin"  not found
kdevelop(9489)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers:
KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "KDevelop/Plugin"  not found
kdevelop(9489)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers:
KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "KDevelop/Plugin"  not found
kdevelop(9489)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers:
KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "KDevelop/Plugin"  not found
kdevelop(9489)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers:
KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "KDevelop/Plugin"  not found
kdevelop(9489)/kdevplatform (shell)
KDevelop::SessionControllerPrivate::performRecovery: Starting recovery
from
"/users/koeh_cl/.kde4/share/apps/kdevelop/sessions/{414ddd28-5f73-45f7-8bbf-99735d2ca561}/recovery/current"

--
Claas H. Köhler

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft

Institut für Methodik der Fernerkundung (IMF-AP)
Earth Observation Center (EOC)

Münchner Str
82234 Weßling
Germany