Couple of question about new KDevelop

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Apr 18 10:08:05 BST 2011

On 04/16/11 05:40, Igor Korot wrote:
> Hi, ALL,
> I just upgraded my gentoo box and installed KDevelop 4.0.2 with K 4.4.5.

This is really old. You should update asap (current is KDevelop 4.2.2
and KDE 4.6.2).

> Have couple of questions:
>
> 1. How do I create simple console C project (not C++)?

Install kapptemplate. If that neither contains a template for it, we
don't have one. Suggestions welcome. Though you can just create a plain
folder and open/import it as a project.

Note: We have no "real" support for C - we only support the subset of C
that is supported by C++. Limitations are e.g. that "new" is considered
a keyword etc. pp.

> 2. I was using KDevelop 3.5 and was working with the project template
> for wxWidgets. In the version I upgraded to there is no such template.
> is there a plan to make one?

Afair PovAddict once created one? If not: patches welcome.

> 3. Is it possible to open a project from the KDevelop 3.5 in the KDevelop 4?

We don't need any cumbersome .kdevelop file anymore. Just open/import
the folder and be done with it.

> 4. On the site it used to a big FAQ about how to work with KDevelop.
> Where did it go?

Documentation is sparse sadly, and help would be welcome. See
http://userbase.kde.org/KDevelop4 for existing notes and a FAQ. Feedback
appreciated.

> 5. On the site there used to be a forum. Now I am getting an error
> 404: "Page not found". What happened?

Short version: It got nuked. Please use the mailing list for now, I hope
to put up a forum on forum.kde.org soon.

bye

--
Milian Wolff
http://milianw.de