Changing keybinding for autocompletion choice

novo novopl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 09:57:24 GMT 2010

Hi,

While we're on the topic of autocompletion, it would be nice if there was a
way to specify a delay after the autocompletion box is shown(or is it there
already and I just didn't notice it?). I often have the autocompletion
insert a code i don't want, especially when writing comments when I break
the line. Most of the time I stop typing when I want to end the line for a
moment - less than a second, but enough to open the autocompletion box.
Unfortunately I often hit the time when the autocompletion box just starts
to render(it's not fully visible yet, but hitting enter selects the text
from it) and I end up having to take my hands off the keyboard and delete
the newly inserted text(most of the time it's a text block from my
snippets). Adding a configurable timeout for autocompletion would solve
this. I don't remember if I ever had this problem while writing the code,
but with comments it's almost always happening.

Cheers,
novo