Absolute paths in .kdev4/ dir

Valentin Pavlyuchenko thevalik at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 20:54:13 BST 2010

Hi all,

I have problems when moving files between computers and the problem is
in absolute paths used in .kdev4/ dir.
Here are contents of .kdev4/test.kdev4 for simple project:

[Buildset]
BuildItems=@Variant(\x00\x00\x00\t\x00\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x0b\x00\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x08\x00t\x00e\x00s\x00t)

[CMake]
BuildDirs=/home/valentine/projects/test/build
CMakeDir=/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules
Current CMake Binary=file:///usr/bin/cmake
CurrentBuildDir=file:///home/valentine/projects/test/build
CurrentBuildType=Debug
CurrentInstallDir=
ProjectRootRelative=./

Absolute paths definitely suck.

Why not use relative paths if it is possible? If I have build dir
inside of my project dir (as KDevelop proposes me by default), then
/home/valentine/projects/test/build can be cut to smth like "build" or
"$PROJDIR/build".

Now if I move the project I'm forced to either edit .kdev4/test.kdev4
or remove it and loose all configured launches.

--
Best regards,
Valentin Pavlyuchenko