getting started

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 15:52:39 BST 2010

Lindsay Mathieson said the following at 06/24/2010 02:48 PM :
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:54:21 am D. R. Evans wrote:
>> Can any lucid user suggest which is the best PPA
>> repository -- something that is likely to be kept pretty much up-to-date?
>

> You could build it yourself - not very difficult, you don't need to build the
> rest of kde

The instructions say: "WARNING: You have to remove all
KDevelop/KDevplatform/Sublime packages provided by your distribution." Any
tinkering with official distro files makes your suggestion a non-starter
here, I'm afraid. I've been in dependency hell too often to ever again want
to try circumventing the distro packaging system for support libraries.

There are several PPA repositories that would presumably manage all the
dependencies correctly; I just don't know which is the best one to use
(i.e., the one most likely to be kept up-to-date with changes in kdevelop).

   Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR