Classes tab

Alvin Beach alvinbeach at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 13:46:36 BST 2010

Hello,

I have recently switched from KDevelop 3.5.5 to KDevelop 4.0.1(using
KDevPlatform 1.0.1) and am experiencing an issue with opening files in
a Custom Makefile project.

When I double-click on a class (in the Classes tab), the installed
version of the file (found in /usr/include) is opened rather than the
file local to the project. I only noticed this when I attempted to
save my changes and could not. From what I can tell, KDevelop4 is not
first checking if the file to be opened is located in the current
project directory. Instead, it seems to check the
system /usr/include first.

Is this specific to a Custom Makefile Project? I have scoured the
configuration of KDevelop4 and the Project's configuration and cannot
see where I can change this behaviour. Am I missing something?

My system:
openSUSE 11.3 (recently upgraded and decided to migrate my KDev3
project to KDev4).
KDE 4.4.4 release 2
KDevelop 4.0.1(using KDevPlatform 1.0.1)

Cheers,

Alvin