more ui polishing: working sets

Sam S. smls75 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 13:54:22 GMT 2010

Hi everybody,

after two failed attempts to send a similar message to the
kdevelop-devel list this week (according to Andreas, possibly a
problem with the spam filter), here goes a third try...
I've completely rephrased the text and also added the kdevelop list as
recipient, so hopefully this time it'll reach you guys...

Anyhow, I've made a proposal (including detailed mockups) for how the
KDevelop UI elements regarding working sets could be made to look &
behave like so that this functionality will be
  - less intrusive for people who do not want to use it
  - still easy enough to discover, and easier to understand for people
who might want to try it
  - more comfortable to use for people who do use it

You can find it at:
   smls75.sqweebs.com/kdevelop working sets proposal/

What do you think? (Note that the green color is specific to my KDE
color scheme, it would probably look different for you.)

So as to not give the impression that I'm only making demands but not
actually contributing myself, I've also included something that might
be useful in itself: a simple icon set made in Inkscape that can be
used as working set icons.

Have a nice weekend!

 Sam