Debug-Release

Fri Dec 17 03:02:17 GMT 2010

On Friday 17 Dec 2010 12:00:45 am Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > > Which build system are you using? Cmake support in kdevelop allows you to setup multiple directories and you could switch between them. Or you could edit the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE for the same build dir.
> >
> > Btw, it would be good from the usability point of view to be able to
> > quickly switch between configurations (like combobox on the toolbar in
> > MSVS).
>
> Yes there needs to be an easy way to switch the build directory, but no
> a toolbar combobox doesn't work. One can have multiple projects and you
> need to be able to switch the builddir for each one. So it needs to be
> obvious that a the switch is for a specific project, hence the gui
> should be close to the project itself in the project tree.

Also, i think the selection of the build folder should be session specific or something like that. I have a situation where a library common to multiple projects in built in diffrent "profiles". However, when i switch session to deal with the respective project the build dir does not switch.

In the KDE context think of something like kdelibs being built in mobile profile when working on kontact mobile and in the desktop profile for everything else.
--
Cheers!
Kishore