debian package for 4.1

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Thu Dec 9 14:47:00 GMT 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Mahmood Naderan <nt_mahmood at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Will kdevelop.org release a deb package for kdevelop 4.1?

There are packages for 4.1.1 for Ubuntu Maverick:

http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kdevelop-4.1.1

If you want to use them on Debian or an older version of Ubuntu,
you'll need to take the source packages and rebuild them yourself:

$ dget http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu/pool/main/k/kdevplatform/kdevplatform_1.1.1-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1.dsc
$ dget http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu/pool/main/k/kdevelop/kdevelop_4.1.1-0ubuntu1~ppa1.dsc
$ dget http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu/pool/main/k/kdevelop-php/kdevelop-php_1.1.1-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1.dsc
$ dget http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu/pool/main/k/kdevelop-php-docs/kdevelop-php-docs_1.1.1-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1.dsc
$ dpkg-source -x kdevplatform_1.1.1-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1.dsc
$ dpkg-source -x kdevelop_4.1.1-0ubuntu1~ppa1.dsc
$ dpkg-source -x kdevelop-php_1.1.1-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1.dsc
$ dpkg-source -x kdevelop-php-docs_1.1.1-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1.dsc

Then cd into each of the four directories and run "dpkg-buildpackage
-rfakeroot" in order: first kdevplatform, then install the generated
.deb packages (including the -dev packages), then build kdevelop,
install packages, then kdevelop-php, then kdevelop-php-docs.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org