Debug with KDevelop4

Jose Thadeu Cavalcante josethadeu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 12:22:25 BST 2009

On Sunday 04 October 2009 09:05:33 Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Sunday 04 October 2009 13:40:29 Jose Thadeu Cavalcante wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need help: how to debug in KDevelop 4? I just set the cmake parameter
> > CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to Debug, GDB support is enable in plugin list, I set
> > break points in code, but when I click in "Debug current Launch" button
> > the program run like when I click "Execute current Launch" button. What
> > wrong I doing?
> >
> > I'm using openSUSE 11.1, KDE 4.3.1 "release 169", and KDevelop 4 - 3.9.95
> > (using KDevPlatform 0.0.95)
>
> Are you using GDB from CVS head ?
> You need that version. Older versions will not work.

Firstly, thank you for the answer.

I trying to install a GDB version 7 from cvs, then I have success in debug a
program that use only C++ code and GSL, but I have no success with program
that use Qt, the program don't stop in breakpoints, the command line GDB cmd
and the buttons related with debug are all disabled.

Yesterday, I install, from source, the new, most recent release of GDB 7.0 and
now no success with both programs. A message is showed when I trying to run in
debug mode, "You need gdb 6.8.50 or higher. You are using: GNU gdb (GDB) 7.0".

I also update my KDE to KDE 4.3.2 release 5.

Thanks
Jose Thadeu