FSR error

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jun 7 11:04:42 BST 2009

On 07.06.09 10:21:08, Leon Pollak wrote:
> On Sunday June 7 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 06.06.09 18:22:36, Leon Pollak wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > For several last versions the "Fins-select-replace" operation crashes the
> > > kdevelop for me.
> > > is it my own problem or kdevelop bug?
> >
> > I'm not using that a lot, but last time I tried it worked fine. Do you have
> > a backtrace?
> >
> Andreas, I am really sorry, but except running in terminal, how I do a
> backtrace?

Either run kdevelop inside gdb, produce the crash and then hit "thread
apply all bt" at the gdb prompt. Or use "ulimit -c unlimited" together
with "kdevelop --nocrashhandler" from the terminal, this will disable
the KDE crash handler and produce a "core" file when kdevelop crashes.
You can then start gdb with that core file by doing gdb
--core=core.<pid> kdevelop and again produce a backtrace like above.

> Thread 1 (Thread 0x7f0f4b8d2750 (LWP 4746)):
> [KCrash Handler]
> #5  0x00007f0f41c098ec in KateDocument::removeTrailingSpace () from

Looks like a bug in kate, not kdevelop. Which unfortunately means that
(unless there's a more up-to-date kdelibs package in your distribution)
you'll have to live with that as kate/KDE3 is not developed anymore.

Andreas

--
Don't relax!  It's only your tension that's holding you together.