kdevelop svn build error

Paul Wheeler paulrwheeler at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 11:57:40 BST 2009

On 6/5/09, Chris Bruner <cbruner at quadro.net> wrote:

> > I had this issue and hacked the kdevelop cmake file to hard code the
> > include for KDE4Workspace. I have since done a new checkout and it
> > seemed to work but I do not know what I have changed since or what
> > component (kde,cmake,kdevelop,kdevelop overlay) was originally at
> > fault. I am sure this will be fixed before a stable release.
> >

>  would you mind doing a "svn diff" of your kdevelop to clue us in.

** THIS IS A COMPLETE HACK AND IS NOT RECOMMENDED AS A PROPER SOLUTION **
As Andreas has mentioned the problem is nothing to do with kdevelop.

# locate libkworkspace.so
/usr/kde/4.1/lib64/libkworkspace.so.4.1.0
/usr/kde/4.1/lib64/libkworkspace.so
/usr/kde/4.1/lib64/libkworkspace.so.4
/usr/kde/4.2/lib64/libkworkspace.so.4.2.0
/usr/kde/4.2/lib64/libkworkspace.so
/usr/kde/4.2/lib64/libkworkspace.so.4

I then changed:
/usr/portage/distfiles/svn-src/kdevelop/kdevelop/debuggers/gdb/CMakeLists.txt

target_link_libraries(kdevgdb sublime
    ${KDEVPLATFORM_INTERFACES_LIBRARY}
    ${KDEVPLATFORM_LANGUAGE_LIBRARY}
    ${KDEVPLATFORM_DEBUGGER_LIBRARY}
    ${KDEVPLATFORM_OUTPUTVIEW_LIBRARY}
    ${KDEVPLATFORM_PROJECT_LIBRARY}
    ${KDE4_KDEUI_LIBS}
    ${KDEVPLATFORM_UTIL_LIBRARY}
    ${KDE4_KTEXTEDITOR_LIBS}
    ${KDE4WORKSPACE_PROCESSUI_LIBS}
)

target_link_libraries(kdevgdb sublime
    ${KDEVPLATFORM_INTERFACES_LIBRARY}
    ${KDEVPLATFORM_LANGUAGE_LIBRARY}
    ${KDEVPLATFORM_DEBUGGER_LIBRARY}
    ${KDEVPLATFORM_OUTPUTVIEW_LIBRARY}
    ${KDEVPLATFORM_PROJECT_LIBRARY}
    ${KDE4_KDEUI_LIBS}
    ${KDEVPLATFORM_UTIL_LIBRARY}
    ${KDE4_KTEXTEDITOR_LIBS}
    /usr/usr/kde/4.2/lib64/libkworkspace.so}
)

I think the last line is right, cant rememeber if it wants the .so or
not. Some googling cmake will help you if it is not quite right.

> > I managed to find the true include path using 'locate's and then
> > adjusted the kdevelop cmake file. The hack is only 1 or 2 lines in the
> > cmake file and is fairly logical without much cmake knowledge.
> >
> > If you are using svn builds and/or gentoo overlays this shouldn't be
> > beyond your scope.
> >
> > Paul
> >

>  your faith in your fellow developers is amazing :)

My view is probably similar to the devs, if you are going to use svn
versions of software you should be familiar with the buildtools
associated with that project and able to solve minor problems (albeit
in a very hacky way)