kdevelop svn build error

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jun 4 22:30:58 BST 2009

On 04.06.09 15:11:04, Chris Bruner wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> On 04.06.09 13:34:48, Chris Bruner wrote:
>>
>>> I'm new to this list so sorry if I'm tramping over old ground,
>>> (didn't  see it in the archives)
>>>
>>> Things seem to work fine until:
>>> Linking CXX shared module ../../lib/kdevgdb.so

>>> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.3/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
>>> cannot find -lKDE4Workspace__processui
>>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit state
>>>

>>> This is with gcc 4.3.3-r2 under gentoo.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what it is looking for and how to provide it?
>>>

>> Gentoo broke its kdebase/workspace stuff (no idea how thats called). But
>> they already updated it in the live stuff - or so I heard.
>>
> Are you saying that there is actually a file called
> KDE4Workspace__processui in kde but normally under a different name?

No. Gentoo broke the FindKDE4WorkspaceLibs.cmake file or something
related to that. That file is installed as part of kdebase/workspace and
creates a CMaket target called "KDE4Workspace__processui" that is in
CMake "IMPORT" target and points to the actual library installed
somewhere in your system. As I said, the gentoo ebuild(? is it called
that) was broken until 2 weeks ago and hence the
FindKDE4WorkspaceLibs.cmake didn't set this import target properly.
Thats why you're seeing that strange error. So what you need to do is
update kdebase/workspace and as far as I understood that update is
available from some "live" branch or something like that (as I said, no
gentoo user here, no idea how these things are called).

Andreas

--
You will step on the night soil of many countries.