trouble compiling kdevelop

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Sep 17 14:20:15 BST 2008

On 17.09.08 12:47:50, Pete Beardmore wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'd like to know how I can fix this kind of compile issue please. The
> 'missing' library libkdecore.la is located in /opt/kde/kde3/lib, and as
> this is shown as a lib search path in the command below i don't know
> what else to do. Is there some erroneous macro causing a search in
> /usr/lib/ for libkdecore.la??
>
> This is the svn version of the kde3 branch. The --disable-cvs flag has
> been recommended but, having tried make clean; configure
> --prefix=/opt/kde/kde3 --disable-cvs twice now, unsermake still attempts
> to compile the ./vcs/cvsservice/* directory and hence the problem still
> occurs. I shouldn't need to, and indeed don't want to, use that flag
> though as I have cvs installed (and those headers in my
> /usr/local/include too).

If you're using unsermake you're on your own. Thats an untested setup.
If the same issue exists when using plain automake (or rather make -f
Makefile.cvs) configure and make then I suggest to find a libtool
expert. A wild guess would be that some of the .lo files references a
/usr/lib/libkdecore.la or something else is wrong with the libtool
stuff.

Andreas

--
You're being followed.  Cut out the hanky-panky for a few days.