JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is 632, caller expects 616

sotanez sotanez at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 17:57:38 GMT 2008

Hi.
I'm having this problem when using libjpeg in my program.
The program is compiled and linked without problems, but when it calls
in runtime the jpeg functions it crashes and throws this message.

The only code related to libjpeg is:

1. The declaration:

#define QT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE

extern "C" {
#include <jpeglib.h>
}

2. And then in the same .cpp source file:

    struct jpeg_decompress_struct cinfo;
    struct jpeg_error_mgr jerr;
    JSAMPLE *image_buffer;

    cinfo.err = jpeg_std_error(&jerr);
    jpeg_create_decompress(&cinfo);

The function that crashes is jpeg_create_decompress.

I'm using Kubuntu 7.10 64-Bit and KDevelop is installed using the
package manager.
Any ideas?

Thank you.