Is there any advantage in using Qmake?

Phil phillor at telstra.com
Mon Mar 3 02:56:11 GMT 2008

Thank you for reading this.

I've always used one of the KDE templates as a stating point to develop my
applications. Now that I've had taste of QT4, under Qmake, I'd like to convert
my old code to use QT4.

I had intended to wait until a KDE 4 template became available but there may not
be any reason to wait. Is there any advantage in building Qmake applications
over that of KDE template applications that use make? As far as I can see, there
is no difference in the end result. I think that I would have to use Qmake if I
were developing applications to run under Microsoft Windows and that's unlikely.

Regards,
Phil.