"procces exited"

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Mon Apr 7 17:37:55 BST 2008

On Monday, 7 בApril 2008, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> Leon I told on the website, on the RPM changelog, the forum and in the
> mailing list that EVERYBODY should update to 6.8 ASAP
I am really sorry, but I missed this on the list and I am not in the forum.
And for those who missed this as I did, the WEB download page still shows
version 6.7.50 as suggested to be downloaded.

> > This is known issue in GDB 6.7 (introduced by myself, eek), which is
> > fixed in GDB 6.8 which is already released.
> >
> > > (gdb) -var-delete "KDEV277.if_poll_slowq"
> > > ^done,ndeleted="1"
> > > (gdb) -var-delete "KDEV277"
> > > (gdb) Process exited
> >
> > Yes, it is *the* issue.
>
> As always I provide GDB 6.8 binaries on www.kdevelop.org/
Even now the address:
http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=3.5/download.html
still speaks about the 6.7.50 version.
As I do cross development, I need to recompile everything for ppc and I was
sure that 6.7+ that I had (do not remember exact number, already deleted it)
is new enough...:-(

Now a small thought:
The forum and changelog IMHO are not necessary checked by simple users, such
as I am....
While I do not sit in the forum, I am subscribed to mail list, as probably
most of the users are.
The last time when the new snapshot was released, you provided the very nice
announcement on the list - and it was great and really helpful.
But as far as I remember, it was the first announcement of such kind during
all the time I am subscribed (and this is about 3 years).
So, please, continue to post this small and very useful message!

Best regards and a lot of thanks.
--
Leon