"procces exited"

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Mon Apr 7 08:07:52 BST 2008

On Monday 07 April 2008 10:49:04 Leon Pollak wrote:
> Probably, the attachment was too long, therefore I do nit see my message back.
> Resending with shoerter output.
> ---
> On Sunday, 6 בApril 2008, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > Leon Pollak wrote:
> > > Hello, all.
> > >
> > > The latest binary 3.5.1-20 (and several before) prints "Process exited"
> > > in the gdb window and debugging is impossible further.
> > > For the problem to occur:
> > > - open/close some structure in the variables window;
> > > - step (run to) out of the funstion or into some function (cause the
> > > current stack change).
> > > "Process exited" appears.
> >
> > Can you please provide all the relevant information?
>
> Well, I am not sure I know what is relevant here...:-(

You surely do know -- in particular because you provide almost all the relevant
information below. Usually, the following is necessary:

1. Versions of KDevelop *and* GDB
2. The exact output in GDB window, with internal commands included.
3. A minimal program that reproduces the problem.

I can can away without (3) in this case.

> The case is stably reproducible in my installation with gdb:
> GNU gdb 6.7

This is known issue in GDB 6.7 (introduced by myself, eek), which is
fixed in GDB 6.8 which is already released.

> (gdb) -var-delete "KDEV277.if_poll_slowq"
> ^done,ndeleted="1"
> (gdb) -var-delete "KDEV277"
> (gdb) Process exited

Yes, it is *the* issue.