Debugger - gdb process exit

Alvin alvinbeach at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 16:01:03 GMT 2007

Hello all,

I have been experiencing a bug with the integrated debugger in KDevelop
3.5.0.1 in KDE 3.5.8 release 21.2 on openSUSE 10.2.

When I examine a variable in the sidebar, the gdb process exists as soon as I
leave a function. The gdb plane states:

---
/bin/sh -c libtool
gdb /encrypted/devel/MyApp/debug/./src/myapp --interpreter=mi2 -quiet
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) Process exited
---

The myapp program will then continue to run.

This occurs when the variable is under Locals, Watch, and Recent. This also
occurs for both Automake and Custom Makefile projects.

I have tried kdbg and this doesn't not happen. I much rather use KDevelop's
debugger though.

Anyone else seeing this "Process exited" message when leaving a function?

Thanks,

Alvin