Debugger

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Mar 28 14:10:58 BST 2007

On 28.03.07 14:16:37, Leon Pollak wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Working with 3.4.0 version I see so many different problems in and around the
> debugger (much more then it was in 3.3.6) that i start to think - may be I
> have something incorrect...
>
> Just for example:
> 1. Breakpoints setting/removing does not work properly and this is so obvious,
> that can not be not seen while debugging the kdevelop.

Can you elaborate a bit? What does happen, what do you expect.

> 2. Source pages very frequently do not follow the breakpoints fired.

So kdevelop doesn't switch to the source file where the next BP is? We
have a problem with the breakpointtable that manifests like this,
however nobody ever could reproduce this problem more than 1 time.

> 3. Green cursor indicating current position almost do not work in C++.

Works for me all the time.

> 4. The same about breakpoints indication - almost all are gray in C++.

Same here

> All this makes me think that I have some environmental problem. Can somebody
> comment this?

Which version of gdb are you using? Anything below 6.4 will fail, 6.6 is
recommended. If thats already the version you have then please
right-click the gdb tab after a debugger session and choose "show all
commands", then copy everything and attach it to your next post.

Andreas

--
You have an ambitious nature and may make a name for yourself.