Format in vars window

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Mar 11 18:50:00 GMT 2007

On 11.03.07 20:05:35, Leon Pollak wrote:
> On Sunday 11 March 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 11.03.07 15:03:02, Leon Pollak wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > There is a very nice new option in variables window of the debugger -
> > > formatting of the variable presentation in decimal, hex, etc...
> > > Very useful thing.
> > > I should like to ask, if possible, to add there a "string" option and
> > > print simply a line of chars.
> >
> > Huh? char* should be printed and it does work for me. The same is true
> > for QString's, I'm not sure about std::string.
> >
> > Andreas
> OK, thanks, did not used this option of (char*) to my char str[20] array,
> because "p str" in gdb worked... Inertia...
> Now, with this casting it works. But why to do casting? :-)

Well, I guess there's a reason, however that would be something that
only Vladimir can answer. He barely reads this list, so I'm cc'ing
it to the kdevelop-devel list. Please continue the discussion there.

Andreas

--
Next Friday will not be your lucky day.  As a matter of fact, you don't
have a lucky day this year.