[kdevelop] crash during importing big project

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 31 18:38:01 GMT 2007

On 31.01.07 21:03:02, Anatoly Shirokov wrote:
> I have tried to import mysql project (it is very big project which
> contains about 4000 files). If I choose "Populate", kdevelop crashes
> after some delay.
> I want to ask: what is kdevelop doing when I choose "Populate"? Is it
> parsing all source file to illuminate all problems (errors, todos and
> etc)? If it is so, how can it do this without context information (macro
> definition and etc)?

1. Use the latest version of kdevelop, that is 3.4.0
2. Yes if you choose populate it will look for cpp,c and h files and add
them to the project. Afterwards they are parsed, this is not solely to
show you errors, its also used for code-completion, the class view and
code navigation. The parser cannot handle macros except when they are
used in the same file as they are defined. No other context information
is needed to parse a C++ file.
3. Without a backtrace a crash-report is meaningless. To get a backtrace
run kdevelop inside gdb and issue bt after it crashed.

Andreas

--
You will be singled out for promotion in your work.