Project Migration from Qt3 to Qt4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 10 16:01:46 GMT 2007

On 10.01.07 14:34:20, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> I need to migrate an kdevelop project that use qt3 to qt4.
> I've read the trolltech documentation and they use a qt3to4 application to do
> the migration. but this is is when the project is a qmake project.
>
> Thoes anyone knows a how to for the migration of a kdevelop project from qt 3
> to qt4?

That depends on the type of project you have. First kdevelop doesn't
provide its own buildsystem, so it uses either qmake, autotools or
custom makefiles. You have chosen one of these upon project creation or
import.

As for migrating the code: You'd still need to use something like qt3to4
on the shell, kdevelop doesn't help you here at all.

If you use KDevelop3.4 you should only make sure you change from qt3 to
qt4 in the Qt tab under Project Options->C++ Support and also choose the
right binaries for qmake and designer.

Andreas

--
Never commit yourself!  Let someone else commit you.